INNOFUEL™ an Engineered Fuel
Our commitment to innovative solutions for waste management and energy recovery led to the development of INNOFUEL an Engineered Fuel. This alternative fuel source is manufactured from various non-hazardous industrial and commercial materials that hold no value and have historically been disposed of in landfills.
By manufacturing this alternative fuel source, we divert large quantities of waste from landfills and provide the following solutions:
- Create an alternative fuel from non-hazardous materials that are left over by consumer by-products and un-recyclables.
- Process a high energy value fuel to meet burner specifications.
- Produce an alternative fuel to replace coal.
All waste streams received at INNOFUEL undergo a pre-approval process, which considers both regulatory and processing characteristics. The qualifying waste streams then undergo further analysis to make sure the final product meets the burner specifications.
Want to learn more? Contact us!
INNOFUEL is unique in that it’s created from wastes that traditionally hold no value and are sent to landfills for disposal. Specific non-hazardous raw materials include:
- Plastics (No PVC or other halogenated plastics), paper, cardboard, and synthetic fibers from pre-consumer and post-consumer sources. Some examples are:
- Thin Film Wraps and Bags
- Flexible Plastics
- Plastic Rolls
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
- Release Liner
- Waxy Cardboard
- Automotive Trim Scrap
- Industrial waste such as sludges, inks, and adhesives,
INNOFUEL an Engineered Fuel contains significantly lower mercury and sulfur than traditional coal which in turn lowers the emissions into the air from smoke stacks. INNOFUEL reduces generator liability through landfill avoidance and recycling and also reduces greenhouse gases and fossil fuel demand.
Key benefits to the environment include:
- End of life solutions for difficult to recycle materials.
- Lowered key emissions during combustion which lessens the pollution to the air.
- Zero landfill disposal of ash after combustion.
- Reduced dependence on fossil fuels.
- Alternative fuel source.
- Cost Effective
- Multiple end-user types.
INNOFUEL is the latest step in the innovative processes that INNOFUEL provides for generators. INNOFUEL is a safe, secure and environmentally sound way for generators to manage their non-hazardous waste.
Unlike refuse-derived-fuel (RDF) or other alternative fuel sources, INNOFUEL is subject to four separate QA/QC steps:
- Inbound raw materials undergo an extensive approval process (process generation, Material Safety Data Sheet and/or analytical information) to determine non-hazardous status and suitability.
- 100% inbound QA/QC determines compliance as an approved material.
- Computerized system tracks all inbound and outbound materials.
- Confirmatory analysis confirms product quality in regard to end-user specifications.
The INNOFUEL acceptance and manufacturing process removes contaminants, involves processing of waste and other materials, and has value. Therefore, according to USEPA regulations, it is exempt from inclusion as a solid waste. For these and other reasons, INNOFUEL represents as an alternative fuel source.